My DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree is a feature tree in the Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop, hosted by Our Crafty Mom.
I love, love, love Christmas!
And I love decorating trees.
This year I re-dressed an older tree I made a couple of years ago, and I’m so excited to share it with you.
I’m honored to be sliding in for this third year and joining a group of talented bloggers who are sharing their favorite decorated Christmas trees.
If you’re still not sure how you’ll deck yours out this year and want some inspiration, or if you’d just like to peruse some pretty trees, you’re going to love this collection!
This year’s blog hop features 38 beautiful Christmas trees that span a variety of home decor styles.
The hop starts on Friday, November 29 and continues through Saturday, November 30.
Each tree is linked at the end of this post so you can easily visit and hop from one to another. Do you remember progressive dinners? Grab a taste here, get another at the next stop…
So grab a warm cup of yumminess, get cozy, and feast your eyes on some gorgeous trees!
DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree
The inspiration for my tree came straight from the Biblical account of the very first Christmas.
I coupled two previous Christmas thrift projects to design and decorate a small tree that sits just inside my front door.
It’s the first tree guests will see when they come in, making it a wonderful conversation starter.
The ornaments are new this year (see how I made these Easy DIY Jenga Christmas Ornaments).
Based on the Scripture passage from Luke 2, I chose 29 keywords from the account of Christ’s birth to design them.
I coupled them with bright red buffalo check ribbons for a rustic and colorful accent.
Even though my kids are all beyond preschool and grade school ages, they make perfect ornaments to use as prompts for learning this rich passage.
And it’s a great way to review for those of us who are already familiar. 🙂
I’ve used the tree at my entrance each year since making it from a $3 yard sale topiary that was in dire need of a makeover.
The ivy was old, faded, and dusty, so I stripped it down to the bones, added some fresh paint, and redressed it with a rich green garland.
It was simple to make and for my $3 investment, I got a fantastic base for my little DIY tree.
This year I refreshed the finial with white chalk paint to match the rustic ornaments.
I love the new look of this little tree and it’s now one of my favorite tree designs.
There’s simply nothing like the glow of a Christmas tree late at night, is there?
Pin for Later:
I hope you’ve been inspired to not only decorate but to make your own tree and ornaments!
Thrift shopping is my #1 tool for adding budget-friendly DIY decor to my home, like this little tree and handmade ornaments.
Check out the How to Thrift Shop Like a PRO series for hacks and tips for your thrift shopping.
Now it’s time to visit the rest of the trees in our collection.
Meet the Hosts:
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- A Yarn Lover’s Christmas Tree from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.